Some simple juicing tips
- Add more fruit or carrot to a juice if it is not sweet enough. The seeds from up to 2 apples can be left in a juice but if you are adding more then 2, you need to remove them. Apple seeds have nutrients but also contain arsenic so too many are not recommended.
- Lemon juice will keep a juice with apple as an ingredient from turning brown.
- Add fruits and vegetables with strong flavor to mask the taste of veggies that aren't your favorite.
- Experiment with adding some ingredients you wouldn't normally eat as you may get the nutritient benefits without the taste.
- If you are using a blender or emusifier to make your juice, you may need to add water before you can drink it.
- You don't have to drink juice cold...you can use things like sweet potatoes or squash to make a healthy soup!
Ginger - Anti-inflamatory properties, digestive aid
Kale - Vitamin A & C; anti-cancer properties
Broccoli - Vitamins A, C and K, contains folate and potassium, anti-cancer
Apples - good for bones, lessens asthma wheezing, alzheimers protection, lowers cholesterol, protects against breast and lung cancer, diabetes management
Spinach - Vitamins, A, B2, B6, C,E, K, magnesium, folate, managnese, iron, calcium, zinc. Source of Omega 3 fatty acids. Has anti-inflammatory properties and increases colon health.
Celery - Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, potassium, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, and sodium (not the same as table salt).
Parsley - Anti-cancer properties, anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatories, Vitamins A, C and K (2 tblsp have 153% of the daily RDA)
Beets - Anti-oxidant, boosts physical endurance, boosts brainand heart health, they also lower LDL cholesterol (if eaten regularly it can lower LDL levels by 30%).
Carrots - Vitamin A (per serving they contain 308% if the daily RDA), C, calcium & iron. Carrots are also a natural abrasive and help to clean your teeth after meals. They detox the liver and therefore help to clear up skin break outs. They are good for vision, have anti-cancer properties, improve heart health and improve vision.